Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a good "veggie" sandwich. It's a change of pace and very tasty.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 8 strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise (10 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and bread; toss until well combined.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 3-4 more minutes until cheese melts.
- Spread evenly over the cut sides of the French Bread, then cut and serve immediately.