Melanie Murray's Note:
This is a good "veggie" sandwich. It's a change of pace and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 8 strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise (10 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and bread; toss until well combined.
- 3Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 4Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 3-4 more minutes until cheese melts.
- 5Spread evenly over the cut sides of the French Bread, then cut and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 924.6
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 1549.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 24.6 g