1 hr 30 mins
Shannon Holmes's Note:
This is Graham Kerr's recipe. It is perfect for all of the fresh vegetables from your garden in the summer months. Try it, it is so delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced in half, seeded
- 2 anaheim chilies, sliced in half, seeded
- 1/2 acorn squash, seeded, peeled, cubed
- 1 package sliced portabella mushroom
- 2 small zucchini, sliced thin, about 1/4 inch slices, on the diagonal
- 2 small pattypan squash or 2 small crookneck yellow squash, sliced thin on diagonal for crookneck, 1/4 inch, sliced thin for pattypan
- 1 small red onions or 1 small vidalia onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 head garlic, remove some of the papery skin, but make sure the head still holds together, wrapped in aluminum foi
- 4 long fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup yogurt cheese (take one cup of plain yogurt with no gelatin added, place in coffee filter, place that into a strai)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) crusty French bread or Italian bread, sliced in half
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Arrange your vegetables on a very large pan lined with aluminum foil and sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Top with the rosemary sprigs.
- 4Bake for about 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and the skin on the peppers and tomatoes is blistered.
- 5Don't turn off the oven.
- 6Skin the tomatoes and peppers.
- 7Throw out the rosemary.
- 8Scoop out the middle of the bread to make a well for your vegetables.
- 9Mix the yogurt cheese, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and garlic (remove the remaining papery skin and mash the garlic) in a small bowl.
- 10Spread on cut sides of bread.
- 11Arrange the vegetables on the bread and wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil.
- 12Bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
- 13Slice into 3-4 slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 832.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: