1/3 Photos of Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
I first tasted this sandwich at an Italian cafe and it is called "Favorito". An unforgettable sandwich! This recipe is adapted from one I found on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the eggplant and red bell pepper on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3Roast in preheated oven for about 25 minutes; roast the peppers until blackened. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender.
- 5Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise. Slice focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves.
- 6Peel cooled peppers, core and slice. Arrange the eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, and basil on the focaccia.
- 7Wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap. Place a cutting board on top of it and weigh it down with some canned goods. Allow sandwich to sit for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 74.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g