Recipe by Jennifer Michele
Very nice main course vegetarian or vegan meal that I adapted from the Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home cookbook. My kids like everything but the sweet potatoes and mushrooms. I love the whole thing! Served with hunks of hot bread, it is heavenly.
- 946.36 ml water
- 6 red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 sweet potatoes or 1 yam, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 709.77 ml mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and halved if large (I use a variety of different types, strips of portabella are a nice addition)
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary or 9.85 ml dried rosemary, chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
- Boil the potatoes (both) for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly, and in a large boil toss the potatoes with the vegetables, garlic, oil and rosemary.
- Spread the mixture on a broiler pan, sprinkle generously with the salt and pepper and broil for 10-12 minutes until slightly crisp and browned on the edges.
- Stir during cooking for even browning.
- Return the browned vegetables to a large bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.