Jennifer Michele's Note:
Very nice main course vegetarian or vegan meal that I adapted from the Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home cookbook. My kids like everything but the sweet potatoes and mushrooms. I love the whole thing! Served with hunks of hot bread, it is heavenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 6 red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 sweet potatoes or 1 yam, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 cups mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and halved if large (I use a variety of different types, strips of portabella are a nice addition)
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring the water to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Boil the potatoes (both) for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain the potatoes thoroughly, and in a large boil toss the potatoes with the vegetables, garlic, oil and rosemary.
- 4Spread the mixture on a broiler pan, sprinkle generously with the salt and pepper and broil for 10-12 minutes until slightly crisp and browned on the edges.
- 5Stir during cooking for even browning.
- 6Return the browned vegetables to a large bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve hot, or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Salad With Garlic and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g