1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef by Chance's Note:
This recipe is from Cooking Light 1/06.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup carrot, cubed 1 inch
- 1 cup onion, cubed 1 inch
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 56 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery and pepper in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing well to coat.
- 3Line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil and place vegetables in a single layger.
- 4Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- 5Combine water, rosemary, salt, chicken, chicken broth and garlic in a large Dutch oven.
- 6Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer for 30 minutes. Add the vegetables and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- 7Bring back to a boil and mix in the pasta.
- 8Simmer 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable-Rosemary Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 224.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.8 g