Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light 1/06.
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable-Rosemary Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup carrot, cubed 1 inch
- 1 cup onion, cubed 1 inch
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 56 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery and pepper in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing well to coat.
- Line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil and place vegetables in a single layger.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Combine water, rosemary, salt, chicken, chicken broth and garlic in a large Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then simmer for 30 minutes. Add the vegetables and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil and mix in the pasta.
- Simmer 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
I changed everything about this recipe, but it was a great foundation for what turned out to be one of the BEST chicken soups I've ever tasted! Shitaki mushrooms are key; thinly sliced and lots of 'em. Bouquet the rosemary, don't add it chopped. I used roasted garlic in the veggies AND pot. Celery isn't necessary unless you love it. Extra salt was a must. I used the remains of half a rotisserie chicken for this...great save for leftovers.