1/2 Photos of Roasted Vegetable Ragout With Polenta
You could make the ragout with or without the polenta, it would be great either way. You could also sub in with half the quantity of the dried herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth or 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large leek, trimmed, halved and rinsed well
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved lenghtwise
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms or 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1For the polenta:Coat a 8 in glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large saucepan combine 2 cups water with broth, mustard and cayenne, bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, pour into baking dish, set aside to get firm.
- 2For the ragout: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut off and discard dark green top from the leek, cut it into 1 inch slices and put in a large bow. Add cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and garlic, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Spread vegetable in a large roasting pan. Roast for 8 minutes.
- 3Remove pan from oven and stir in corn and tomatoes. Put back in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and put vegeetables and juices in a large dutch oven.
- 4Put dutch oven over medium heat. Cook vegetables for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil, majoram and thyme.
- 5Meanwhile preheat broiler with top rack 4-6 inches from heat source. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Cut polenta into 12 squares and place on baking sheet. Broil 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6To serve; place 2 polenta squares on each plate and top with ragout.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Ragout With Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: