Prep 14 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty and healthy pizza that features wonderful vegetables!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 small vidalia onion, cut into slices
- 1 3⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- pizza dough (1/2 batch)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Use 1 tsp of olive oil to coat cooking stone or pizza pan.
- Spread out pizza dough and bake at 425°F for 7 minutes.
- Combine 1 tsp olive oil, thyme, salt, garlic, squash, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion in a baking dish, and mix well.
- Bake at 500°F for 7 minutes. Stir the vegetables and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the pizza crust.
- Spread the vegetables over the cheese.
- Top the vegetables with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
Oh Yum! I made this for dinner tonight. I'm 9 months pregnant and I am CONSTANTLY looking for healthy, easy dishes to get my daily veggies. This was FANTASTIC! I followed the recipe exactly except that I roasted the veggies 5 minutes longer...I wanted to make sure the onion wasn't crunchy. It was perfect. I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! I can't believe how much flavor there is just from veggies. Thanks for sharing!
This pizza is incredible! The roasting of the vegetables, before adding them to the pizza, was an amazing touch, and the end result was a wonderful, light, and healthy pizza - a nice change from a typical meat pizza. I, too, used a pre-made pizza crust, rather than using the pizza dough, and added some red pepper, and parmesan cheese (after it came out of the oven); other than that, I used the exact same ingrediants, and strongly recommend using these veggies, as they worked beautifully together, I also did not measure the cheese....I just loaded it on (so it probably came out to be more cheese than the recipe calls for) -it turned out nice and cheesy, which we loved! This is a wonderful recipe that I will be making again and again!
YUM! Made this for lunch today and it was delicious! I halved the recipe and used 1 premade Boboli pizza crust brushed with olive oil. I put 1/2 a zucchini, 1/2 a yellow squash, 1/2 a green pepper (the red pepper I bught was moldy on the inside so I had to toss it), and 1 sliced Roma tomato (which I did not roast - just placed on top of the roasted veggies before baking.) I used some fresh parmesan and some mozzarella and also used dried thyme and fresh garlic. Anyways, very delicious pizza that I will be making again!