Recipe by Dezzy
Layers of puffed pastry with squash and or zucchini, cheese, peppers. This tastes great, I got it out of a magazine.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 9 zucchini or 9 yellow squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 16-inch square. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Fold over edges; flute if desired.
- With fork, randomly prick sides and bottom of pastry. Blind bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini/squash and peppers in single layers on baking sheets; brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pastry and vegetables on separate racks 10 minutes or until pastry is a golden and veggies are tender.
- Brush pastry with one-quarter of garlic cheese spread. Layer with one-quarter of the veggies. Repeat layering, ending with the veggies.
- Bake 15 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.