I found this recipe on another web site and made it for Sunday night dinner - the family loved it. I wanted to get it posted before I lost the recipe. You could low carb this recipe by omitting the pasta and serving on a bed of salad greens.
- 354.88 ml yellow squash, julienne-cut
- 295.73 ml carrots, julienne-cut
- 236.59 ml sliced onion, vertically sliced
- 236.59 ml zucchini, julienne-cut
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dry oregano
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 340.19 g box ziti pasta, cooked
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- feta cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all the vegetables with the olive oil, toss gently to coat. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, turning occasionally; cool.
- Prepare grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with dried basil and oregano; cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is doen. Cool; cut into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette, with a whisk.
- Combine the roasted vegetables, chicken, vinaigrette, pasta, fresh basil, tomatoes and feta in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
Yummy dish! I like it even better letting it sit in the fridge overnight. It gives the dressing a chance to really soak in. Great dish for summer nights when you don't want something hot.
Yummy lunch alert! I made this with leftover roasted veggies - yellow squash, onion, zucchini, red and green bell pepper, no carrots (personal preference). I also had leftover chicken breast, what luck. The dressing goes perfectly here as it is savory and balances out the sweetness of the roasted veggies. I used a little more fresh basil than was called for. Thanks for posting.
Super one-pot dish. I added potatoes to the grilled veggies and should've ommitted the pasta. Also added Italian sausage to the grill (for the hubby), and every bit of it was delicious! I think I may have added too much balsamic...it was a bit tangy for me, but otherwise, I will make it again and again! Thank you for posting this recipe.