Recipe by barnybrit
I love vegetables and pasta and i have this often. You can vary the types of veg used and sometimes i add some roasted chicken or shrimp for the carnivores in the house.
Top Review by mottershead80
This recipe was delicious! I was surprised at how good it was with such a healthy recipe. I'm a vegetarian but my husband is not and he still loved it even with no meat added. But a warning to those with small households: this makes a LOT of veggies. I started chopping and tossing in a casserole dish not paying attention to how many veggies there really were until I filled the dish before cutting 2/3 of them and had to switch to an even bigger one. It was so good that I was happy to have leftovers but I felt like the recipe could be halved for a family of 2-4 (depending on portion size) if you don't want leftovers.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 2 carrots
- 10 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- chop all the vegetables into equal sizes and put into a bowl.
- add to them the sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil and the italian seasoning.
- mix well together.
- heat the oven to 350'f/180'c.
- place the vegetables into a large baking dish and put in oven for 45 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- take half of the vegetables and put into a blender or food processor with the glass of white wine and whiz to a puree.
- pour this mixture back into the dish and mix with the vegetables.
- add the fresh basil leaves and olives and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- mix together with some freshly cooked pasta, add the parmesan and serve.