Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this recipe from my God-Sister on our trip to the beach. It's fabulous. The roasted vegetables gives it a savory taste like you worked all day on it. You can add any vegetable that you like. The mushrooms add something really special and hearty. You can also add sauted chicken or sausage to it. You can also add other spices as well. It looks like rice but it's pasta! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- PreHeat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut up all vegetables and place on baking sheet.
- Pour Olive Oil and Italian dressing on vegetables (may use more to cover all).
- Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper and Cajun Seasoning.
- Roast in oven until soft, usually 45 mins to an hour and 30 mins depending on your oven.
- While veggies are roasting follow the package instructions to cook the Orzo and drain (I start by boiling my water, adding salt and Olive Oil to it, and then adding the Orzo - Doesn't take long to cook. No more than 10mins.)
- When veggies are done remove them from the oven and let them sit to cool off for about 5 minutes.
- Mix Orzo together with the roasted vegetables in casserole dish.
- Serves well hot or cold.
This is crazy good! I didn't use cherry tomatoes, but I had 3 Romas I just sliced in half. After 1 hour roasting the bottom was just starting to burn (read perfect). Scraped everything into a bowl and smashed up the tomatoes a little. Re seasoned with salt and pepper and that was it!
This could be it's own sauce over pasta. It's a keeper!