Got this recipe from my God-Sister on our trip to the beach. It's fabulous. The roasted vegetables gives it a savory taste like you worked all day on it. You can add any vegetable that you like. The mushrooms add something really special and hearty. You can also add sauted chicken or sausage to it. You can also add other spices as well. It looks like rice but it's pasta! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PreHeat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut up all vegetables and place on baking sheet.
- 3Pour Olive Oil and Italian dressing on vegetables (may use more to cover all).
- 4Sprinkle veggies with salt and pepper and Cajun Seasoning.
- 5Roast in oven until soft, usually 45 mins to an hour and 30 mins depending on your oven.
- 6While veggies are roasting follow the package instructions to cook the Orzo and drain (I start by boiling my water, adding salt and Olive Oil to it, and then adding the Orzo - Doesn't take long to cook. No more than 10mins.)
- 7When veggies are done remove them from the oven and let them sit to cool off for about 5 minutes.
- 8Mix Orzo together with the roasted vegetables in casserole dish.
- 9Serves well hot or cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Orzo Medley
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g