Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
I have not tried these yet, but I love savoury muffins and these seem really rustic and yummy!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups roasted vegetables, diced 2cm (a mixture of pumpkin, kumara, parsnip, red capsicum, onions, start with more than 2 cups to allow fo)
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil (such as grapeseed) or 1⁄4 cup other lightly flavored oil (such as grapeseed)
- 1⁄4 cup aioli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- butter, for greasing
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- In a large bowl mix the flour and cheese then add the vegetables and mix gently.
- In a separate bowl beat the rest of the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix carefully to just combine.
- Butter a muffin tin (for 6 large muffins or 12 medium) and fill with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with seeds and bake for 20 minutes for 6 large, or 15 minutes for 12 medium muffins, until golden.
- Cool in the tin.
- Serve with butter or pesto.