Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
One of my favorite mixtures for the grill. I normally leave out the turnip or substitute it for a different root vegetable. I think the secret is in the butter sauce.
Top Review by Rita~
I upped the olive oil because I didn`t use butter. Used baby carrots, 4 cloves garlic and skipped the salt. I oven roasted at 425 for for 40 minutes. Delish! I made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=6630 Thanks!!!
- 5 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups turnips, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large greased roaster or foil pan.
- Melt butter in small saucepan on low. Stir in remaining 8 ingredients.
- Drizzle over vegetable mixture. Toss until well coated. Cover with lid or foil. Preheat gas barbecue. Place roaster on grill & reduce burner to medium-low. Close lid of barbecue and cook about 30 to 45 minutes, shaking roaster occasionally, until heated through.