Recipe by Studentchef
This was something I came up with yesterday, virtually on the spot. I was hungry for some warm vegetables and came up with this. These are vegetables that I already had so luckily I didn't have to go out to get anything. the only thing with this recipe is that the each vegetable is cut differently.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Wonderful, Studentchef! As I couldn't find zucchini in the winter, I subbed a yellow pepper. Also an extra tsp. each of olive oil and vinegar, and 1/4 tsp. salt. I'm glad I checked them after 1 hour, as they were rather blackening at that point, but my family still thought they tasted terrific. We'll be having this again! (Lovely meal with baked potatoes.)Thanks for posting!! UPDATE: has become a family favorite!! Would recommend this one to anybody- yum!
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into half rings
- 1 small rutabaga, cut into desired chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into sticks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put all vegetables into large baking pan (I use a large disposable pan, but have lost the cover that gave the dimensions for it. Use one that fits all the vegetables at once).
- Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and coat all vegetables using your hands.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve warm.