Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the foodnetwork.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed to a paste with coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus
- more fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste, cook until almost soft, 5 minutes. Set aside cool.
- Whisk together eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add meat, bread crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the ketchup, 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetables and mix until combined.
- Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Whisk together the remaining ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the loaf. Bake meatloaf for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes then slice.