Recipe by Dancer^
The one on the left in the pictures has 1 pound of ground beef in it; the one on the right is the vegetable one.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese or 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 red peppers, seeded, cut in 4
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jarchunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 eggplant, cut as above
- 1 (9 ounce) package lasagna noodles, no boil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced 1/4-inch
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In cup mix the oil and garlic.
- with cooking spray, spray 2 large baking sheets.
- Brush vegetables on both sides with oil mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, bake 25 to 40 minutes until lightly browned, turning vegetables when browned and tender.
- Reduce oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, mix the ricotta, egg and parmesan.
- Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of 13x9-inch pan, on top, arrange 4 noodles, slightly overlapping.
- Top with 1/2 of cheese mixture, and spread to partially cover noodles.
- Top with half the veggies, arrange in a single layer, sprinkle with half the mozzarella and basil.
- Cover first layer with 4 noodles, top with remaining ricotta mixture, vegetables, and basil.
- Cover with 4 noodles, remaining sauce, and mozzarella.
- Bake 50 minutes or until cheese melts and lasagna is heated through.
- Let sit 30 minutes.