Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with garlic bread and a nice salad.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges, separated into pieces
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced (2 medium)
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) canprogresso tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (16 oz)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Spray 15x10x1" pan with cooking spray, and place bell peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in a single layer in the pan.
- Spray vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 min, turning vegetables once, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, spray 2-qt saucepan with cooking spray and cook chopped onion and garlic in saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 15-20 min or until slightly thickened.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Rinse noodles with cold water; drain.
- Mix cheeses; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Spray 13x9" (3-qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in dish; top with 3 noodles.
- Layer with 3/4 cup sauce, 1 1/4 cups vegetables and 1 cup cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers 3 more times with remaining noodles, sauce, vegetables and cheese mixture.
- Bake lasagna uncovered 20-25 min or until hot- Let stand 10 min before cutting.
I was about to sumbmit this recipe myself and decided to do a quick search. I love this lasagna, and it is such a wonderful way to eat these flavorful vegetables! I don't make the sauce, I just use a jar of Prego fresh mushroom to keep it simple. It is so pretty on your plate, thanks for posting Bec!