Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from The Mayo Clinic Williams Sonoma Cookbook.
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch dice (aubergine)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups warm cooked brown rice
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450. Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the eggplant with the oil to coat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, vinegar, and garlic, tossing to mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Roast, uncovered, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Heat a dry large frying pan(not one with a non-stick surface) over medium heat. One at a time, heat the tortillas in the hot pan on each side until softened, about 20 seconds per side.
- To serve: divide the tortillas among individual plates. Spread an equal amount of the vegetable mixture and rice on each tortilla. Top with 1/2 tablespoon of the salsa. Fold in both sides of each trotilla up over the filling, then roll to close.
Thoroughly enjoyed this with all the accompaniments;salsa, cilantro, Greek yogurt to replace sour cream, and avocado. I added salt but otherwise left the recipe alone.
Loved the high health factor here. I used a bit more garlic (ok, quite a bit-2 cloves) Sampled the veggies before rolling and found them to be a bit bland in the taste factor for me. I made this in a 2 serving size and sprinkled a measured tsp of Penzeys Southwest Seasoning onto the veggies and stirred well. That, along with a bit of salt and the salsa brought the flavor right up. It made a very nice dinner that was most welcome after all the rich Christmas foods. It's simple to prepare and quite filling with the rice. Love it.