Recipe from The Mayo Clinic Williams Sonoma Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch dice (aubergine)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups warm cooked brown rice
- sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the eggplant with the oil to coat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, vinegar, and garlic, tossing to mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Roast, uncovered, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- 3Heat a dry large frying pan(not one with a non-stick surface) over medium heat. One at a time, heat the tortillas in the hot pan on each side until softened, about 20 seconds per side.
- 4To serve: divide the tortillas among individual plates. Spread an equal amount of the vegetable mixture and rice on each tortilla. Top with 1/2 tablespoon of the salsa. Fold in both sides of each trotilla up over the filling, then roll to close.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 926.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g