Recipe by Annacia
This can be served hot or cold according to your prefference. It's delicious either way.
Top Review by Enjolinfam
This was a nice dish. My only complaint was that it was a little dry and I think it's because the hummus turned out a little dry and plain (maybe because there was no tahini added). With my own hummus used over the remaining half of the couscous and vegetable dish, however, it turned out fantastic! Thanks. :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 6 small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 green olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut the red and yellow pepper in half and remove the seeds, then cut all of the vegetables in 1 inch pieces.
- Put into a roasting pan and add the sliced garlic and rosemary sprig and drizzle over the olive oil, tossing to coat evenly.
- Season and roast for 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly caramelised, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous.
- Boil the vegetable stock or water.
- Add the couscous to stock (or water), swirl around a bit, cover, remove from heat and stand for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Fluff through so that the grains separate.
- Do this a few times while waiting.
- When ready add the cous cous to the pan with the vegetables and mix well.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- TO MAKE HUMMUS:
- Put the garbanzos in a bowl with a clove of garlic, lemon juice and the 4 green olives.
- Season with black pepper and combine till smooth with a blender.
- TO SERVE:
- Divide between four plates.
- Place Veggie mix over the hummus before serving warm or cold.