Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
I was in the mood for a meatless chili and food a nifty recipe on the Kraft website. One change after another and soon I had a whole new recipe. Roast the vegetables the night before making double, you can use half as a side that night and have the rest as the starter for this dish. Tip: Since the chayote cooks much slower than the other squash be sure to cut it into smaller pieces. As presented this is 5 thingies on the Momentum Plan.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium chayote, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 59.14-118.29 ml water (use or omit depending on your thickness preference)
- 411.06 g canfire roasted diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 9.85-19.71 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml oregano
- cayenne pepper
- 184.27 g Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the squash pieces with the red onions, garlic and olive oil. Place in a baking pan and roast for 35 minutes. You may continue with the recipe or put the vegetables in an airtight container for use later.
- Pull the roasted garlic from the pan, placing the remaining vegetables in a large saucepan over medium heat. Take the garlic and mash it into a paste and hold.
- Add the canned ingredients (bean, tomatoes and tomato sauce) to the vegetables along with the mashed garlic, chili powder and oregano. Bring the pot to a boil. (The time required here depends on whether you are using hot or cold vegetables.) Cover the pan and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for 20 minutes. Add the crumbles and adjust seasonings to taste. continue cooking another 5 to 10 minutes.