Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich in Beta-carotene without the need for lots of fat. Saving recipe from Cdn Living 1997 magazine for future use.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (about 4)
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large bowl, combine lemon juice, butter, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes,carrots and leeks; toss to combine.
- Spread in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with stock.
- Cover and bake 350F stirring 4 times, for about 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 12 hours; reheat in 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes).
Nice and light side dish. I had to omit the parsley, as I didn't realize I didn't have any. ;)