Recipe by Mary Jenny
Looking for a wholesome meat-free meal for six? If you have rice on hand, just add a protein and a veggie to produce a meal in minutes – and faster than a take-out order could arrive at your door. With minimal effort, this delicious creation can be on your table in less than 45 minutes any day of the week.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups minute rice premium whole grain brown rice
- 1 cup lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine broccoli, cauliflower and carrots; toss with oil and garlic. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on prepared pan; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Toss rice with lentils (if using), roasted vegetables and chives.
- For more simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin creation on social media to inspire others.