1/7 Photos of Roasted Vegetable and Gruyere Quiche
1 hr 25 mins
This is from a supermarket magazine I picked up. It's a great recipe for picnics or for a light summer dinner served with a side salad. Roasting the vegetables before using them in the quiche means a little more effort, but it's well worth it as it really brings out all the sweetness and flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 200°C/400°F/Gas6.
- 2Rollout the pastry and line a deep 10 inch/25 cm flan tin.
- 3Line with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove paper and beans and return to bake for another 5 minutes.
- 5Place all the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- 6Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until slightly charred.
- 7Set aside and cool slightly, seperate the onion layers.
- 8Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas4.
- 9In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste (you can also mix in a few of your favourite herbs).
- 10Spread the vegetables over the bottom of the pastry case and pour the egg mixture over.
- 11Bake for approx 30-35 minutes.
- 12Can be served hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable and Gruyere Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 373.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g