This is from a supermarket magazine I picked up. It's a great recipe for picnics or for a light summer dinner served with a side salad. Roasting the vegetables before using them in the quiche means a little more effort, but it's well worth it as it really brings out all the sweetness and flavours.
- Preheat oven 200°C/400°F/Gas6.
- Rollout the pastry and line a deep 10 inch/25 cm flan tin.
- Line with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper and beans and return to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until slightly charred.
- Set aside and cool slightly, seperate the onion layers.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas4.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste (you can also mix in a few of your favourite herbs).
- Spread the vegetables over the bottom of the pastry case and pour the egg mixture over.
- Bake for approx 30-35 minutes.
- Can be served hot or cold.