Roasted Vegetable and Black Bean Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Add all of your vegetables to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Spread the veggies on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, stir to re-distribute, roast another 15 minutes, stir again, and roast one more time for 15 minutes (45 minutes total). This step may be prepared ahead of schedule- just refrigerate your veggies until ready to make your tacos.
- In a medium skillet, heat the black beans and RoTel tomatoes over low heat. In a small bowl, combine the spices (cumin through pepper). Sprinkle the spices over the beans/Ro-Tel and stir to combine. Add the roasted veggies, stir to combine and continue to heat until the mixture is completely warm.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 inch or less of oil over medium-high. When you can flick a drop of water in the oil and get a sizzle, you're ready to fry your tortillas. Place one tortilla in the hot oil and use tongs to press it down so it cooks on both sides- you only need to cook it for about 20 to 30 seconds to soften it up. Remove the tortilla to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, placing paper towels in between each cooked tortilla to absorb the oil.
- Assemble tacos: Place a scoop of the roasted veggie/black bean mixture into a tortilla and add desired fixings. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Leftovers are good for a couple of days!