1 hr 30 mins
This is a creamy great comfort soup for winter time. It is simple but elegant served with the honey cream. Recipe taken from "Edible Chesapeake" Magazine, Winter 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 leek, washed well and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetables or 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
honey cream (recipe follows)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Blanch the turnips for 3 minute.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water. Lightly towel dry the turnips.
- 4Toss turnips, onions, leeks, garlic and thyme in oil in a large bowl. Spread on a baking sheet or dish in a single layer. Roast in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, stirring and turning every 15 minute or so until browned evenly.
- 5Place roasted vegetables in a soup pot. Add 3/4 cup of water to pan vegetables were roasted in, scrape bits and juices and add to soup pot.
- 6Add the stock, milk, cream and salt to pot. Bring almost to boil and partially cover. Reduce heat to simmer an cook for about 30 min or until turnips are quite tender. In a blender, puree the soup in batches.
- 7Strain through food mill or strainer to create creamy fine consistency.
- 8Serve with Honey Cream.
- 9Honey Cream: Mix ingredients from above together well.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Turnip Soup With Honey Cream
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 671.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: