Prep 50 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon house seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 (15 lb) turkey
- prepared stuffing, if desired
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter, House Seasoning, parsley, shallots, and garlic. Thoroughly rinse and dry the turkey. Tuck the wings underneath the body and place the turkey in a roasting pan. Rub the butter mixture all over the turkey. Stuff, if desired.
- Roast for 18 minutes per pound (including stuffing weight, if using). The turkey is done when an instant-read thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (and deep into the stuffing) and registers 165 degrees F. and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and loosely tent with foil. Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer until the cranberries burst, about 8 to 10 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve and let cool. Reserve for turkey.
- House Seasoning:.
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.