Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
DH and I made this recipe from the March 2011 "Real Simple" magazine last week and found it to be very easy and good. We just served our green beans boiled, so I cannot vouch for that aspect of the recipe directions. We served with Betty Crocker's Classic Bread Turkey Stuffing 44938
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1 lb green beans
- Heat oven to 450°F Place the turkey breast on rimmed baking sheet and rub with 1 Tb of the oil; season with the thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Roast until cooked through, 50 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the potatoes on high until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Halve lengthwise and, preserving the skins, scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the flesh with the milk, butter, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper; mix in half the Cheddar. Spoon into the potato skins, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar.
- After the turkey has been roasting 30 minutes, place the stuffed potatoes in oven and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and toss with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Slice the turkey and serve with the green beans and potatoes.