Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Great for holiday leftovers or when you wish it was Thanksgiving, but it's July. If you can't get fresh cranberries, I have taken whole cranberry sauce and mix sauteed red onions with it.
- 2 loaves onion focaccia bread
- 1 lb roasted turkey breast
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- 4 slices cheese
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Saute the dried cranberries and red onion in the olive oil for two minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add one teaspoon of water to keep ingredients moist.
- Set cranberry compote aside.
- Slice the foccacia in half, then horizontally to create a top and bottom for the sandwich.
- Cover the bottom half of the foccacia with cranberry compote and top with 4 ounces of turkey and one slice of cheese.
- Place top of foccacia over sandwich.
- Grill over medium-high heat on both sides or use an authentic pannini grill.