Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
great for leftovers, but chicken is fine too.
- 1 rosemary and onion focaccia bread
- 453.59 g roasted turkey breast
- 170.09 g dried cranberries
- 4 slice sharp cheddar cheese (1 oz ea)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Saute the dried cranberries and red onion in olive oil for two minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add one tablespoon of water to keep ingredients moist. Set cranberry compote aside.
- Slice the rosemary & onion focaccias in half, then slice horizontally to create the top and bottom sandwich portions.
- Cover the bottom half of the focaccia with cranberry compote and top with 4 ounces of roasted turkey breast and one slice of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Place top of focaccia over sandwich. Grill over medium-high heat on both sides.
This is really good. I changed it by using sourdough bread and smoked gouda cheese instead of cheddar. I also added a little baby spinach. I love the cranberry onion mix with the turkey!
Wow! Great use of leftover turkey. I loved the flavors of the cranberries and red onions. I didn't have the focaccia bread so added a touch of rosemary in step 1. I did think that the "sharp" cheese was a bit overpowering so next time I plan to use mild so more of the other flavors can come through. I cooked mine on the George Foreman grill for 6 minutes. Thanks for posting. :)
This is SO GOOD!!! Used grilled chicken breast and 1/2 yellow onion (will try with red next time as I am sure it will be even better!!!). Grilled on my George Foreman grill. Thanks MarraMamba!!! :) Made for Zaar Tag.