Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Small scale turkey dinner.
Make and share this Roasted Turkey Legs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 stalk celery, cut in thirds
- 3 turkey legs
- 88.74 ml butter
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
- 118.29 ml water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. rinse the turkey legs and pat dry.
- Stand the turkey legs upright (as if turkey were standing). Press a knife downward into the deep tissue, creating 2 or 3 long pockets. Press a piece of celery into each opening. Pull back the skin on the legs, rub with butter, and season lightly with salt. Lay the leges in a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until legs are golden brown and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer. Add more water if needed while roasting and baste occasionally with the juices or butter.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!! What a wonderful method to ensure that the turkey legs are cooked through! My legs were done and juicy at 1 1/2 hours and they had the distinctive turkey flavor, like the festival legs! I used chicken broth instead of water to roast the legs. I will do this for Thanksgiving too!! It is so easy and everybody wants the drumstick anyway!!! Thank you for this great recipe!!
These are great. Here's a way to speed up the cooking process: Start the legs on a grill rather than in a skillet. They are cooked through more and allow you to spend half the time cooking them in the oven. Same great taste but finished in 1.5 hours
I have used this recipe many times, when roasting turkey legs for two people. It is simple to make and very delicious! Roasted turkey legs are always on rotation at our house.