1/2 Photos of Roasted Turkey Breast With Zesty Dry Rub
2 hrs 15 mins
I wanted to try something different fot Thanksgiving this year and this recipe was a winner! The turkey breast was moist and the flavor was incredible and it make a really good gravy! Oh my. My 7lb. turkey breast was done in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat large roasting pan with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 3Rub turkey on all sides and under skin with olive oil and lime juice.
- 4Dry Rub: Mix onion salt, chili powder, dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder, allspice and cayenne in small bowl.
- 5Rub 1 1/2 tablespoons mixture over turkey and under skin.
- 6Roast turkey in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
- 7Remove turkey to a warm place; let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Gravy: Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from roasting pan.
- 9Sprinkle flour and 1/2 teaspoon of remaining dry rub over bottom of roasting pan; cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, for about 1 minute.
- 10Gradually whisk in chicken broth until smooth; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 11Strain gravy through sieve into gravy boat; keep warm.
- 12Cut off each 1/2 of the turkey breast from the bone.
- 13Wrap one 1/2 and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months, for later use.
- 14Slice other 1/2 of turkey breast and serve with the gravy, and mashed potatoes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Turkey Breast With Zesty Dry Rub
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 221.1 mg
- Sodium 382.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 76.0 g