1/4 Photos of Roasted Turkey
3 hrs 20 mins
A recipe from the Golden Door developed by chef Tracy Ritter and sous chef Steven Pernetti. Enjoy this traditional turkey for Thanksgiving or anytime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch celery, coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 heads fennel, chopped (optional)
- 2 leeks, white part only,sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 12 lbs turkey, cleaned
- 1In the bottom of a roasting pan large enough to hold the turkey, combine celery, carrots and onions.
- 2In a small bowl combine fennel (if using), leeks, sliced orange and basil.
- 3Toss to mix.
- 4Place mixture in cavity of turkey.
- 5Place turkey on top of vegetables or on a rack over vegetables to cook.
- 6Make glaze: In a small bowl combine apple juice concentrate, water, orange juice, lemon or lime juice and soy sauce.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Place turkey in a preheated 400* oven 1/2 hour, then lower temperature to 350* and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 180* to 185* is reached.
- 9After first half hour of cooking, baste bird every 10 to 15 minutes with glaze mixture.
- 10Remove turkey from oven and allow it to rest 20 minutes before carving.
- 11While turkey is resting, pour off all pan juices into a"de-fatting cup" and allow juices to separate from fat.
- 12When separated, carefully pour into a serving pitcher or gravy boat.
- 13Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 14Place turkey on a platter for carving.
- 15Note: Removal of all skin before serving will lower fat content of each portion.
- 16Makes 12 servings.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.2
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 516.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 94.4 g