Recipe by tmw_2008
A yummy way to cut out the unhealthy foods—without cutting out the tradition. Let the oven do the work
- 1 (12 lb) whole turkey (about 12 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Clean turkey and place into a roasting pan with a lid.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt and black pepper. Using a basting brush apply the mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey. Pour water into the bottom of the pan and cover.
- Bake for 3 to 3.5 hours or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180°F
- Remove bird from oven and let stand for about 30 minutes before carving.