Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Please allow 2 hours for the topping to chill. From Cooking Light (June 2005)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 20 slices diagonally cut French baguettes (1/4 inch thick)
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- Broil 15 minutes or until blackened.
- Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop.
- Combine bell pepper, onion, basil, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour vinegar mixture over bell pepper mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve with bread slices.