Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice side dish and couldn't be healthier or easier.... great on the grill as kabobs. I love simple veggie dishes that just let the natural flavors come through!
- Heat oven to 375.
- Line jelly roll pan with foil and spary with cooking spray.
- Cut peppers into 1" pieces.
- Cut onions into quarters.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheet and spray veggies with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes and stir.
- Sprinkle with herb blend, basil and cumin.
- Increase oven to 425.
- Bake 20 minutes more or until edges are black and veggies are crisp tender.
I made these for ZWT #3, and decided to take the suggestion of making them on the grill as kabobs, since I was preparing them to serve with Moroccan Spiced Beef. They didn't caramalize like they would have in the oven, but were still quite tasty. And DS#1 and 2 ate them, because they were on a stick, and never would have touched them if they had to eat them with a fork! I might try these again in the oven, to see how differently they come out. Thanks for posting a wonderful, fresh tasting veggie side dish!
Just a few simple ingredients and yet they came together into an absolutely fantastic side dish. The combination of spices is a tad unusual bit works well together is there was a nice contrast between the sweetness of the basil in contrast with the smokiness of the cilantro. The real star is the cooking technique, which resulted in perfectly cooked vegetables. Thanks!