This is a favourite starter of mine. It comes from Rosemary Conley's Low Fat cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200d C or 400dF.
- 2Toast the bread, cut the garlic cloves in half and rub over both sides of each piece.
- 3Remove the crusts from the toast and cut the toast into neat cubes.
- 4Reserve until later.
- 5Drain the chicken livers.
- 6Cut each liver into 2 to 3 pieces.
- 7Place on a plate and cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- 8Wash& drain the salad leaves.
- 9Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise; place cut side up in a non stock roasting pan.
- 10Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 11Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until well browned on top.
- 12Keep hot.
- 13Dry fry the chicken livers in non stock pan until brown on the outside& pink in the middle.
- 14While the chicken livers are cooking arrange a little salad on 4 individual plates.
- 15Arrange the tomato halves around the outside of the lettuce.
- 16When the livers are cooked distribute them evenly between the 4 plates of salad.
- 17Quickly add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, place over the heat and swill around.
- 18Pour the vinegar over the chicken livers and sprinkle the garlic croutons on top.
- 19Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomatoes With Wilted Chicken Liver Salad
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g