Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favourite starter of mine. It comes from Rosemary Conley's Low Fat cookbook.
Make and share this Roasted Tomatoes With Wilted Chicken Liver Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200d C or 400dF.
- Toast the bread, cut the garlic cloves in half and rub over both sides of each piece.
- Remove the crusts from the toast and cut the toast into neat cubes.
- Reserve until later.
- Drain the chicken livers.
- Cut each liver into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Place on a plate and cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- Wash& drain the salad leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise; place cut side up in a non stock roasting pan.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until well browned on top.
- Keep hot.
- Dry fry the chicken livers in non stock pan until brown on the outside& pink in the middle.
- While the chicken livers are cooking arrange a little salad on 4 individual plates.
- Arrange the tomato halves around the outside of the lettuce.
- When the livers are cooked distribute them evenly between the 4 plates of salad.
- Quickly add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, place over the heat and swill around.
- Pour the vinegar over the chicken livers and sprinkle the garlic croutons on top.
- Serve immediately.