Recipe by NorthwestGal
This is another recipe from Giada De Laurentiis that I saw her prepare on her cooking program a few years ago. I missed a few preparation steps though, so I set my note aside. I finally took the time to get the missing instructions, so I thought I'd post it before I lose it again.
Top Review by mama smurf
Wonderful wonderful wonderful! I made this for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game and what an easy and tasty dish. I cut it down for just DH and I and used parmesan cheese because DH forgot to pick up the gorgonzola...Thanks for a posting such a great recipe that is going into my Favorites of 2012.
- 12 roma tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely crumbled gorgonzola or 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Using a teaspoon, remove seeds from tomatoes. Place tomato halves, cut side down, on paper towels to drain for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using clean hands, gently toss the drained tomato halves in the oil mixture until coated. Marinate the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place the marinated tomato halves, cut side up, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Fill each tomato half with the bread crumb filling. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly softened and the underside of the tomatoes are brown.
- Arrange the cooked tomatoes on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.