Recipe by Derf
Tasty side dish. Make it as mild or as hot as you wish.
Top Review by Bergy
Thankyou Dorothy, I made this dish for brunch today and it looked great and tasted as good! I cut the recipe in half but left the Jalapeno & Garlic as called for. When I opened the fridge I saw ther were some bits and pieces of red, yellow and orange sweet peppers so added them as well. Excellent. I'll be repeating this dish. You can do ahead and just pop in the oven before brunch.
- 1 whole garlic head
- 4 -5 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 small seeded finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (or crushed chilli flakes)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- First roast the garlic: Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil- bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until browned and softened, cool and pop out of peel.
- Set aside.
- cut 1/4 inch slices of tomatoes.
- cut thin- 1/8 inch slices of red onion.
- spray 9x 13 oven dish with veggie spray.
- Place alternate slices of tomatoes and red onion slightly overlapping, in rows.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle, evenly, jalapeno or chilli flakes.
- Sprinkle evenly, preroasted garlic cloves.
- Whisk together coriander and olive oil.
- Drizzle evenly over all.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes .