Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
quick, easy side salad!
Make and share this Roasted Tomatoes, Onions, With Mozzarella & Cucumbers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cubed
- preheat oven to 250.
- mix cherry tomatoes, onion slices, garlic cloves & scallion in a glass bowl, tossing in the extra virgin olive oil & then the balsamic vinegar.
- roast on a baking sheet for an hour.
- return roasted mix back to the glass bowl.
- while still warm, mix in the mozzarella, so it melts slightly.
- let cool about 10 minutes, then add in cucumber.
Very tasty. I had a problem with the temperature and cook time. I had to go up to 400 for the last 10 minutes and it was still not done enough on my onions. I put in the cucumber to bake for my picky son who hates both tomatoes and cucumbers. He even loved it. He said it tasted like pizza salad.
This was very good and easy to make. I am always looking for things to make to take to work. This fits the bill nicely. Thanks for sharing it.
Tried this recipe because we had some cucumbers to use up. Personal preference, but my family didn't really enjoy it. (Think that's our taste buds, not the quality of the recipe.) I did take the leftovers and stir fry them with about 1 cup of angel hair pasta and it was very tasty.