Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
quick, easy side salad!
Make and share this Roasted Tomatoes, Onions, With Mozzarella & Cucumbers recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 250.
- mix cherry tomatoes, onion slices, garlic cloves & scallion in a glass bowl, tossing in the extra virgin olive oil & then the balsamic vinegar.
- roast on a baking sheet for an hour.
- return roasted mix back to the glass bowl.
- while still warm, mix in the mozzarella, so it melts slightly.
- let cool about 10 minutes, then add in cucumber.
This was very good and easy to make. I am always looking for things to make to take to work. This fits the bill nicely. Thanks for sharing it.
Tried this recipe because we had some cucumbers to use up. Personal preference, but my family didn't really enjoy it. (Think that's our taste buds, not the quality of the recipe.) I did take the leftovers and stir fry them with about 1 cup of angel hair pasta and it was very tasty.
Delicious! I had 2 quart bags of yellow and red cherry tomatoes hidden in the freezer from last summer that I wanted to use up. This recipe was perfect for them. Made as written except for doubling oil and vinegar. Left out cucumber; HE doesn't like them. Today we'll eat the remainders with croutons from homemade 5-minute artisan bread, kind of like scalloped tomatoes. This would also be good as bruschetta. I'm looking forward to using this recipe again when we have garden-fresh tomatoes in the summer. Chef, thanks for the great recipe......Janet