Recipe by chia
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness and intensifies their flavors. Tomatoes and zucchini are perfect partners in this tasty recipe. It is best to try and match the zucchini and tomatoes in size for the best results. I adapted this recipe from another site,using home grown tomatoes
Top Review by LambieCooks
This is just perfect! I used Italian herbs instead of Thyme and splashed a little balsamic vinegar over it during the last 5 min of cooking .... YUM! Served it with pasta n pesto and it would be awesome over rice, too! (or on a homemade pizza!) KEEPER!
- 3 small zucchini, trimmed, cut into coins
- 5 ripe roma tomatoes, cut into coins
- 1 small vidalia onion, thinly sliced and slices cut in halves
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Arrange the zucchini, onion and tomato slices side by side in an appropriately sized baking dish.
- Once they are all attractively arranged, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the minced garlic and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until golden and tender for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature for the best flavor.