Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness and intensifies their flavors. Tomatoes and zucchini are perfect partners in this tasty recipe. It is best to try and match the zucchini and tomatoes in size for the best results. I adapted this recipe from another site,using home grown tomatoes
- 3 small zucchini, trimmed, cut into coins
- 5 ripe roma tomatoes, cut into coins
- 1 small vidalia onion, thinly sliced and slices cut in halves
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Arrange the zucchini, onion and tomato slices side by side in an appropriately sized baking dish.
- Once they are all attractively arranged, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the minced garlic and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until golden and tender for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature for the best flavor.
This is just perfect! I used Italian herbs instead of Thyme and splashed a little balsamic vinegar over it during the last 5 min of cooking .... YUM! Served it with pasta n pesto and it would be awesome over rice, too! (or on a homemade pizza!) KEEPER!
This tasted very good! I cut the recipe in half but added some broccoli. I also used 5 cloves of garlic and used Italian seasoning. Delicious!
WONDERFUL! I love tomatoes and always look for different roasted methods for them. This was AWESOME with the onions and zucchini. I quadrupled the garlic and quartered the zucchini's and tomatoes. PERFECT! Will definitely make again.