Recipe by Trinkets
This is the best flavored roasted tomato dish. I like to serve it as an appetizer with toasted bread rounds. Do not be afraid of the time it takes to make this dish, it's just a long roasting time in the oven. Easy! Drizzle the roasted tomatoes with the dressing from Salade De Lille for that extra pizzaz.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 the oil into glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Arrange tomatoes in dish, cut side up.
- Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and salt.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Turn tomatoes over and bake two more hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Rough chop the tomatoes, place in a pretty serving dish and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve with toasted bread to friends.