Recipe by Pesto
Medium-size tomatoes, stuffed with ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of herbs, topped with parmesan and provolone.
- 4 ripe tomatoes (adjust ingredients by number tomato)
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese (about 2 inches square)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce dry white wine (splash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut tops from tomatoes and remove seeds.
- Stuff tomatoes with ricotta, sprinkled with oregano.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with parmesan.
- Top tomatoes with provolone.
- Pour ounce or so dry white wine into 10-inch oven-proof baking and serving dish.
- Arrange the tomatoes in dish and bake about 15-minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve Hot.