Recipe by gailanng
Delicious not only on greens, but try drizzling over salmon. Crated by Brian Streeter of Cakebread Cellars.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Peel and thinly slice garlic and insert into tomato flesh. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil, fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a sheet pan and roast until lightly charred and starting to shrivel, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle peel off skins, remove seeds and roughly chop.
- Place in a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl along with vinegar and basil. Whisk in remaining olive oil to combine.