Start with fresh roma tomatoes- this wonderfully rich taste from roasted ingredients has even been adopted by my friend (whose full-blooded Italian stepfather had been the best sauce maker before!). Easier than you'd think... mostly oven time while you wait for a timer to go off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Place all ingredients, except Splenda, on large cookie sheet (may need 2).
- 3Mix to coat all ingredients with oil.
- 4Place on center rack of preheated oven.
- 5Cook 45 minutes, or until tomato skins begin to brown and bubble.
- 6Remove from oven an allow to cool.
- 7Add Splenda.
- 8Blend until smooth (I use immersion blender).
- 9Refrigerate overnight.
- 10Add to cooked spaghetti and your choice of meat, if any (my family prefers diced kielbasa and onion, browned, then add sauce to get goodie bits from bottom of pan!).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: