Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Start with fresh roma tomatoes- this wonderfully rich taste from roasted ingredients has even been adopted by my friend (whose full-blooded Italian stepfather had been the best sauce maker before!). Easier than you'd think... mostly oven time while you wait for a timer to go off!
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place all ingredients, except Splenda, on large cookie sheet (may need 2).
- Mix to coat all ingredients with oil.
- Place on center rack of preheated oven.
- Cook 45 minutes, or until tomato skins begin to brown and bubble.
- Remove from oven an allow to cool.
- Add Splenda.
- Blend until smooth (I use immersion blender).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Add to cooked spaghetti and your choice of meat, if any (my family prefers diced kielbasa and onion, browned, then add sauce to get goodie bits from bottom of pan!).