Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds yummy so I am putting here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Roasted-Tomato Soup With Parmesan Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 6 overripe hothouse tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, most of the seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 20 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
for the croutons
- 4 ounces whole wheat baguette
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, sugar, oil, and salt. Roast for 45 minutes, or until tomatoes are caramalized. Place roasting pan on stove top, add basil and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, puree, salt to taste.
- For croutons slice baguette in half lengthwise. Toast each half under the broiler until golden brown. Rub with garlic, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan; broil for 1 more minute. Season with pepper to taste, cut into 4 slices. Divide soup into 4 bowls and top each bowl with 2 croutons.