- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, stir and cook until fragrant - about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly.
- Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This soup can also be blended with an immersion blender after cooking, if you prefer a smoother soup.