Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty soup is bursting with rich tomato flavour.
Make and share this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Broil tomatoes for 8 minutes, let cool and slip off skin.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onion; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, garlic, and onions; process until smooth.
- Combine mixture with broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and season with pepper.
Delicious and quick to make, this was on the table in about 25 minutes and perfect to warm us up on this cold winter day. I kept to the recipe and didn't change a thing but I forgot to add the basil before I took the photo but it was added. The only thing I think my organic tomatoes didn't give the soup "normal" red colour people expect from tomatoes but it still tasted like tomatoes soup. Thank you Katii