1/2 Photos of Roasted Tomato Sauce
Feingold Mom's Note:
This is so easy to make and Feingold friendly. I normally make up a huge vat of this and then freeze the leftovers. So add ingredients accordingly. I also add some sour cream or heavy cream and turn this into a tomato soup base. It's then easy to throw in tortellini or pasta for texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Cut the tomatoes in half and dump them into a roasting pan or a baking sheet with sides.
- 3Chop up half an onion and a few cloves of garlic per pan, or more if you like, and dump that in too.
- 4Coarsely chop some fresh basil and add that.
- 5Stir this all together and spread it out evenly; crowded is fine but no more than a single layer.
- 6Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 7Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the skins look browned and wrinkly. Let the pan cool and then scrape everything into a blender or food processor and puree. Use or freeze.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g